Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
Keeping you and our community safe is a big priorty. Learn more about how to identify a scammer and how to avoid them. The vast majority of ads are posted by honest users that beleave in good business practices. Despite this, it's important to follow a few common sense rules to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or check.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or other languages).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.
If you think you have identified a scammer or feel you have been scammed or victim of fraud on our site please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org